As the holidays roll around there are always lots of parties and opportunities to cook for friends and family. If you looking for a crowd pleaser recipe that can be enjoyed with a side of Settlers of Catan or a Christmas movie (my favorite is Love Actually) then you should try out these almond meal crispy buffalo cauliflower bites. While Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is typically used on chicken wings, I think it pairs very well with this crispy cauliflower.
To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Next you’ll want to start by cutting up your cauliflower into bite size pieces. Gimme Some Oven has a quick and simple method for cutting cauliflower.
After you’ve cut your cauliflower into pieces, you’ll want to combine the almond meal, garlic powder, paprika and salt in a bowl. Then crack three eggs into a separate bowl and beat well. Next create a mini assembly line and dip the cauliflower pieces in the egg mixture and then the almond meal mixture and roll them around to coat. Transfer to a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
Cook the almond meal coated cauliflower. After 20 minutes, you’ll take it out the oven to coat in Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I like to do this in two batches to ensure every piece gets covered in sauce. Put 1/4 cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce in a ziplock bag with half of the cauliflower and shake the bag until evenly coated. Return the cauliflower to the pan and repeat with another 1/4 cup of hot sauce and the remainder of the cauliflower. Bake for 15 minutes until crispy.
Serve while hot with some blue cheese dressing! These are paleo friendly if you don’t serve with the dressing, but I’m guessing no one will guess.Try to not eat half of the finished product right off the sheet pan – a sure sign of a tasty recipe!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1½ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces
- Combine almond meal, garlic powder, paprika and salt in bowl
- Beat 3 eggs in separate bowl
- Dip cauliflower pieces in egg and transfer to almond meal mixture and coat
- Spread coated cauliflower on parchment paper covered sheet pan and cook for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes take the pan out and put ¼ cup of Frank's hot sauce in a ziplock bag and add half of the cauliflower and toss to coat and then put it back on the sheet pan. Repeat with other ¼ cup of sauce and cauliflower.
- Return to oven and cook for 15 minutes or until crispy.